We hope you enjoy this content. Just so you know, this website may collect a share of sales or other payment from any links, products, or videos on this page.
The content on this site is informational only, and is not intended to be professional advice. Please consult your attorney, doctor, or financial advisor before making any decisions.
It is possible to be a health conscious carnivore in today’s vegan and vegetarian society. Americans eat approximately 66.5 pounds of beef every year and 90 pounds of chicken! Meat eaters are still abundant, but many of us are making unhealthy and unethical meat purchasing choices — often without even realizing it!
A humane and healthy way to shop for meat is to buy steaks and meat online from ethical companies who sources their meat from local farmers. If you can’t find ethically raised, grass fed meat from farmers near you, the Internet makes it easy to schedule grass fed meat delivery.
Here are the top 10 reasons why grass fed meat delivery is the way to go:
- You do not have to leave the house and can still feel confident that you are getting a high-quality product.
- A 2011 study published in the Journal of Clinical Infectious Diseases estimated that 47% of meat and poultry products in supermarkets contains Staph bacteria.
- The animal is raised in a more humane fashion compared to those on factory farms. You can make an ethical argument that eating meat is justified, but if you know that the animals are being treated poorly and you are “ignoring” the facts, then your argument is null and void.
- Grass fed beef has better fat quality and offers more vitamins A and E.
- If you buy steaks and meat online it ultimately saves you time! Sometimes there is just not enough time in the day to purchase all the products you need.
- According to the website, Paleo Leap, grass fed meat is ultimately better for the environment. Grain-fed meat is wrecking our water supply. It starts with the fields where the corn is grown. This corn is used to feed grain-fed cows, but this kind of intensive farming depletes the soil of nutrients. Large farms then use fertilizer to keep the corn growing, and this fertilizer runs into our lakes and rivers.
- Another huge advantage to grain-fed meat (for the consumer): it?s cheap.
- There are some excellent grass fed meat recipes online.
- It is less expensive for local meat farmers to raise grass fed animals.
- For those who buy steaks and meat online they are also supporting independent farmers. These family farms are able to offer grass fed beef, grass fed and free range chicken, and free range pork at affordable prices.
The next time you order meat online you can feel good about your decision from an ethical, environmental and health perspective.